Monday, February 10, 2014

Smitten in the Mitten

I’m extremely excited to show off my most recent cardmaking efforts. I created two designs for a Michigan themed Valentine’s Day card. They have different looks and feels but both say “Smitten in the Mitten,” a nickname for the Great Lakes State.

Smitten

The first card has a red background with a very subtle heart pattern. I had a lot of fun arranging the words in different fonts and colors. I went through so many drafts before reaching a point where I was okay with not tinkering with it. The second card is far simpler with a plain cyan background. The state is solid red and has “Smitten” written across the Upper Peninsula and “in the Mitten” in the Lower Peninsula. I started out by testing different fonts but finally decided to make use of my unique handwriting. (Side story: I’ve gone years without using a mouse, despite doing so much artistic stuff on my laptop. I finally got a mouse six or so months back and I love that I can write out words and it looks so much truer to my handwriting.) Once I completed each card, I couldn’t decide which one I liked better. So I put them both up on my Etsy shop!

Click on the images above to view the respective cards on my Etsy shop!

No comments :

Post a Comment